Mobile app features area farms, farmers markets, agricultural events and more
HAGERSTOWN, Md. (July 11, 2017) – The Washington County Department of B
usiness Development team is pleased to announce the launch of the new Agritourism app, taking engagement to the next level. The app will allow consumers to explore and discover Washington County’s rich agricultural history.
By downloading this free app, consumers can stay up-to-date on agricultural related events, explore local farms, know what is in season and were to buy. The Agritourism app assist customers in buying local; this not only keeps money in the local economy, it takes the guesswork out of knowing your food’s source.
Some of the apps features are:
- Comprehensive Farm Guide: A list of 844 farms that call Washington County home. The guide, based off the printed bi-annual publication, will let users know when farms are open to the public as well as location, products and events.
- Favorites: The user can create a personalized list of favorite farms so staying up-to-date on what farms have to offer is easier than ever.
- Find a Farmers Market: Consumers can discover what farmer markets are closest to them and their hours of operation. The app is location-aware, making buying local even easier.
- What’s in Season: This calendar provides a list of fruits and vegetables grown in Washington County and when they’re in season.
- Events Calendar: This continuously updated feature provides a list of ag-related events ranging from Ag Expo Events to what’s in season to corn mazes.
The app is available on both Apple and Android devices. Agriculture-related businesses are encouraged to submit their local events via the Agritourism blog.